The Bright One

The Bright One

The Star Goddess

The Star Goddess

Monday, May 25, 2009

Smells!

I went out in my backyard this afternoon and smelled lavender, mint and sage. Now this is exciting because usually I can't smell at all. Nothing. Not gasoline. And my sense of smell has been coming back. But first it was bad smells. Like the stinky dog. But then I started smelling my coffee in the morning, and now - all these other things! Smells I remember! It so amazing to have a smell come back where it was gone, because you get used to it being gone, to living without -it's sterile in a way, because there is just nothing. Interestingly, there is also none of the irritation or discomfort that comes from breathing fumes of gas or smoke. But now, I am getting lots of smells back, and though it is a little overwhelming at times, it is mostly good. It's because I'm taking prednisone. I just hope I can keep smelling after I quit. Incentive to be faithful to my Kenalog irrigation. The lavender bush is about to burst into bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment