The Bright One

The Bright One

The Star Goddess

The Star Goddess

Saturday, May 16, 2009

New Links Added

I've put up a bunch of links for your internet amusement. I especially want to say something about my Health Links. The internet is a huge resource for patient empowerment - you can also completely misdiagnose yourself and drive yourself crazy. Like any powerful tool, you have to learn how to use it. It is important to get good information that expands your understanding of your condition. I like to know everything that can be helpful, so I've put up my best herbal information sites, some good general info - the Medical Library has loads of links itself to explore. One of the most helpful things I think the internet has for the patient is support from others who have been there. Just knowing that others have survived what you are going through is very comforting. Then there is the added bonus of potentially learning some helpful tips or treatment information. Check out the great bunch of health -related blogs that I have included here, but don't stop there, if you have a particular health issue, search for a blog that addresses it. I really admire these bloggers that put themselves out there, and I hope that I too can talk about my experiences in a way that will help others. Last, I included a link to a great article in Scientific American about the latest research on migraines. I have migraines, but with the help of a lot of drugs, don't suffer nearly as much as I used to. It is a trade off, though, there are side effects, and no way to know what kind of long term use of these drugs that have only existed for 10-15 years will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment